Russian Stroganoff Recipe
This is one of my family's favorite recipes, so I make it for them frequently. The tender beef strips in a mushroom sauce taste so good over noodles. —Wendy Stenman
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook beef in batches in oil until no longer pink; remove.
- 2. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add the mushrooms, tomato sauce, water, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 3. Return beef to the pan. Stir in sour cream; heat gently (do not boil). Serve immediately over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 419 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1429mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Russian Stroganoff
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC