Russian Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook beef in batches in oil until no longer pink; remove.
- 2. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add the mushrooms, tomato sauce, water, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 3. Return beef to the pan. Stir in sour cream; heat gently (do not boil). Serve immediately over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 419 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,429 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Russian Stroganoff
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.