Russian Creme Recipe
This is a very festive-looking accompaniment to any holiday meal—and it's especially pretty with a Christmas buffet. I usually serve it on a cranberry-colored glass serving plate. We were first treated to Russian Creme by a "welcoming family" when we became members of our church. Since then, it's become a holiday tradition in our household.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries
- 1 package (4-3/4 ounces) raspberry-flavored Danish Dessert
- 1. Dissolve sugar and gelatin in water over low heat. Remove from stove; stir in the sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Chill the mixture until slightly thickened (like unbeaten egg whites). Fold in whipped cream with wire whisk until well blended. Pour into greased 6-cup ring mold; chill until set. To make topping, drain raspberries, reserving juice. Prepare dessert mix, following package directions for pudding, using raspberry juice as part of liquid. Chill topping; fold in raspberries. To serve, turn molded cream onto glass serving plate (at least 1 in. larger than mold) Put the raspberry topping in a small bowl in center of mold. Guests serve themselves by taking a slice of creme pudding and spooning topping over it. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 238 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC