- 2-3/4 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups (14 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 drops yellow liquid food coloring, optional
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Assorted fruit, optional
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine water, sugar and gelatin; let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved; remove from the heat. Using a wire whisk, blend in sour cream, vanilla and food coloring if desired. Chill until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Blend in whipped topping. Pour into an oiled 8-cup heart-shaped mold. Chill until firm, at least 6 hours. Unmold onto a platter. Garnish with fruit if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Russian Creme Heart in Country Woman May/June 1997, p12
Reviews for Russian Creme Heart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review