Russian Creme Heart Recipe
This rich dessert only looks complicated. "It's quite easy to prepare," assures Irene Lee of Lawton, North Dakota, who notes you can garnish the heart any way you like. (To lend extra brightness for a shower, our kitchen crafters suggest using food coloring that matches the bridal colors.)
- 2-3/4 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups (14 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 drops yellow liquid food coloring, optional
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Assorted fruit, optional
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine water, sugar and gelatin; let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved; remove from the heat. Using a wire whisk, blend in sour cream, vanilla and food coloring if desired. Chill until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Blend in whipped topping. Pour into an oiled 8-cup heart-shaped mold. Chill until firm, at least 6 hours. Unmold onto a platter. Garnish with fruit if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Russian Creme Heart in Country Woman May/June 1997, p12
Reviews for Russian Creme Heart(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review