Russian Cream Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In another saucepan, heat whipping cream and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is lukewarm. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. In each of four parfait glasses, place a scant 1/4 cupful of cream mixture; top each with a rounded tablespoonful of raspberries. Repeat layers. Top each with scant 1/4 cup of cream mixture.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Just before serving, garnish with fresh raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 544 calories, 32 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.