Russian Cream Dessert
Since it's always warm in the South, we like to eat light especially in the summer. Don't let the simplicity of this recipe fool you Russian Cream is pure heaven.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 cups fresh fruit (bite-size pieces)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in water; let stand 5
- minutes. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat;
- stir in whipping cream.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and vanilla. Add gradually to hot
- mixture; mix until smooth. Pour into a 4-cup bowl or mold. Cover and
- chill for 4 hours or overnight. Serve over fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 306 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.