Russian Cream Dessert Recipe
Since it's always warm in the South, we like to eat light— especially in the summer. Don't let the simplicity of this recipe fool you— Russian Cream is pure heaven.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 cups fresh fruit (bite-size pieces)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in water; let stand 5 minutes. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in whipping cream.
- 2. In a bowl, combine sour cream and vanilla. Add gradually to hot mixture; mix until smooth. Pour into a 4-cup bowl or mold. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Serve over fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 306 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Russian Cream Dessert
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC