- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 cups fresh fruit (bite-size pieces)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in water; let stand 5 minutes. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in whipping cream.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and vanilla. Add gradually to hot mixture; mix until smooth. Pour into a 4-cup bowl or mold. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Serve over fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Russian Cream in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p80
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Russian Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2010
"Russian Cream is an old recipe and great. Can be used on cake or pie too. I layer it with pound ake and friut for a good comiation."