- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 cups fresh fruit (bite-size pieces)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in water; let stand 5 minutes. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in whipping cream.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and vanilla. Add gradually to hot mixture; mix until smooth. Pour into a 4-cup bowl or mold. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Serve over fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Russian Cream in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p80
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Russian Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2010
"Russian Cream is an old recipe and great. Can be used on cake or pie too. I layer it with pound ake and friut for a good comiation."