What a pretty parfait! Layered with fresh raspberries, it's a summertime treat. I'm a veterinarian. My husband, Jim, and I share cooking duties for our family. —Barbara Ulrich, Newark Valley, New York
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In another saucepan, heat whipping cream and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is lukewarm. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla. In each of four parfait glasses, place a scant 1/4 cupful of cream mixture; top each with a rounded tablespoonful of raspberries. Repeat layers. Top each with scant 1/4 cup of cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Just before serving, garnish with fresh raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Russian Cream in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p22
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Russian Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review