Russian Borscht Soup Recipe
With beets, carrots, cabbage and tomatoes, this recipe is great for gardeners like myself. Not only is it delicious, its bright crimson color is eye-catching on the table.
- 2 cups chopped fresh beets
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the beets, carrots, onion and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Add tomatoes and cabbage; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Stir in salt, dill and pepper. Top each serving with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 71 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 673 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Russian Borscht Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC