Rum Sweet Rolls
These plump tender rolls are a sweet choice for breakfast or a coffee break...and easy to make, too! I bake batches for the holidays and other special gatherings. Sometimes I replace the packaged mix with my recipe for homemade yeast rolls.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 3-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions. Turn dough onto
- a lightly floured surface; gently knead for 5 minutes. Cover with a
- bowl and let rest for 5 minutes. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in.
- rectangle. Spread with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and extract
- until smooth. Spread half of the mixture over butter. Sprinkle with
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to
- seal. Cut into 12 rolls. Place cut side up in a greased 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dish. Cover and let rest until nearly doubled, about 25
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool for 15
- minutes. Drizzle with remaining confectioners' sugar mixture. Serve
- warm. Yield: 1 dozen.