- 1/4 cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- In a large saucepan, combine the raisins, 4 tablespoons water, orange juice and pineapple. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into raisin mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract if desired.
- Cut the ham steak into four pieces. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve with raisin sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Sauce for Ham in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p41
Reviews for Rum Raisin Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
This was OK but not great. I probably will not make again. The flavor combination did not go well with the ham.