Rum Raisin Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the raisins, 4 tablespoons water, orange juice and pineapple. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into raisin mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract if desired.
- 2. Cut the ham steak into four pieces. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve with raisin sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked ham with 1/4 cup raisin sauce equals 237 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,451 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Rum Raisin Sauce
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer