This recipe is a great way to change up your desserts for the holidays. Try it and see how many complements you receive from friends and family.—Gertrudis Miller, Evansville, Indiana
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Place raisins and rum in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, flour, salt and spices. Stir in pumpkin and raisin mixture. Gradually add milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes if necessary to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Rum-Raisin Pumpkin Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p130
Reviews for Rum-Raisin Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review