- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 7 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 6 teaspoons superfine sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, toss raisins with rum; microwave for 30 seconds. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat cream until bubbles form around sides of pan; remove from heat. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until blended but not foamy. Slowly stir in hot cream. Strain raisin mixture into cream mixture, stirring in rum to combine; reserve raisins.
- Place six 6-oz. broiler-safe ramekins or custard cups in a baking pan large enough to hold them without touching. Divide reserved raisins among ramekins; pour egg mixture over top. Place pan on oven rack; add very hot water to pan within 3/4 in. of top of ramekins.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Immediately remove ramekins from water bath to a wire rack; cool 10 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.
- To caramelize topping with a kitchen torch, sprinkle custards evenly with remaining sugar. Hold torch flame about 2 in. above custard surface and rotate it slowly until sugar is evenly caramelized. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rum Raisin Creme Brulee in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p170
Reviews for Rum Raisin Creme Brulee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review