Rum-Glazed Ribs Recipe
This is not your usually barbecue sauce on the ribs. The tomato sauce is sweetened with honey and flavored with rum and everyone loves it. My husband likes to make them the day ahead. then just reheat them. This recipe is also good with the small ribs. I put them in a crock pot and serve them as an appetizer.—Barbara White, Katy, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-1/2 hrs. Grill: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place ribs in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans, bone side down. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Drain ribs and discard cooking liquid. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Brush half of the sauce over ribs. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 15-25 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 1,133 calories, 64 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 771 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 63 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC