- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/2 cup rum
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle pecans onto bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs and water until well blended. In another bowl, whisk cake mix and spices; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, cinnamon and cloves; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat. Stir in rum; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved.
- Gradually brush glaze onto warm cake, about 1/4 cup at a time, allowing glaze to soak into cake before adding more. Cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rum-Glazed Pumpkin Cake
Sort By :
"Delicious!! So easy to make and it was gone after I took it to work! We used all the glaze and would like to have used more pecans. Will probably add more next time."
"MAKING THIS DESSERT WAS A 'PIECE OF CAKE". SO EASY AND S0-0-0-0-0- GOOD. NEEDED A DESERT FOR A DINNER PARTY AND GOT RAVE REVIEWS FOR THIS EASY TO MAKE CAKE. NO ONE GUESSED THAT A YELLOW CAKE MIX WAS THE BASE FOR THIS AWESOME DESSERT. NEXT TIME, MIGHT ADD CHOPPED PECANS TO THE CAKE BATTER. THIS IS MY NEW GO TO CAKE FOR THE FOR THE FALL SEASON. ITS DELICIOUS."
"Wonderful and easy to make. I didn't use all of the glaze as I felt it would be too much."
"This was an easy recipe o make, and it was so delicious! Baked in a pretty Bundt pan with fall foliage motif it looked as beautiful as it tasted! I baked it the day before an event and drizzled the rum glaze over it that day. The next day I heated the remaining glaze and again drizzled it over the cake with spectacular results. People (including my son!!) were standing over it cutting off slender slices again and again not able to "get enough" of this delicious cake!"
"So easy to make and so delicious!!! The recipe makes a lot of rum sauce so I warmed the extra and served it over vanilla ice cream and the cake. Yumnmy! I will definitely make this for family and friends."