- clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, cinnamon and cloves; cook
- and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in rum; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until sugar is
- Gradually brush glaze onto warm cake, about 1/4 cup at a time,
- allowing glaze to soak into cake before adding more. Cool
- completely. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor’s Note: To remove cakes easily, use solid shortening to grease plain and fluted tube pans.