Rum Chocolate Fondue
Chocolate fondue with fresh fruit or cubed angel food cake will satisfy any sweet tooth. It makes a tasty appetizer or light dessert.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit and angel food cake cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, corn syrup and
- salt. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in rum or extract and vanilla until
- blended. Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with
- fruit and cake cubes. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.