Remember to save room for dessert! This sauce is delicious served over ice cream. It's so good, you'll be tempted to forget the ice cream altogether! Katherine Desrosiers - Trail, British Columbia
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, cream and maple syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is smooth. Stir in bananas; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rum Banana Sauce in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p21
Reviews for Rum Banana Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review