Rum Banana Sauce Recipe
Remember to save room for dessert! This sauce is delicious served over ice cream. It's so good, you'll be tempted to forget the ice cream altogether! Katherine Desrosiers - Trail, British Columbia
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, cream and maple syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is smooth. Stir in bananas; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup sauce (calculated without ice cream) equals 397 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC