Rum flavor comes through nicely in these traditional, soft Christmas cookies. Roll half in powdered sugar and the other half in crushed vanilla wafers for visual appeal. —Audrey Larson, Bloomington, Minnesota
- 2-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 75 wafers)
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Additional confectioners' sugar and/or crushed vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans, confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Combine the rum, honey and water; stir into crumb mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in additional confectioners' sugar and/or wafer crumbs. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Rum Balls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Rum Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review