Rum Balls Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 75 wafers)
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Additional confectioners' sugar and/or crushed vanilla wafers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans, confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Combine the rum, honey and water; stir into crumb mixture.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in additional confectioners' sugar and/or wafer crumbs. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 rum ball (calculated without additional sugar and wafers) equals 61 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.