- 2-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 75 wafers)
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Additional confectioners' sugar and/or crushed vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans, confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Combine the rum, honey and water; stir into crumb mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in additional confectioners' sugar and/or wafer crumbs. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Rum Balls
"These were a big hit at my girlfriends annual Christmas cookie swap! :-)"
"Could you substitute Apple Pie Moonshine in place of rum?"
"Awesome simple recipe. Nilla wafers came in smaller boxes now so account for that,, short of heavy on rum. Will do with walnuts next time around. Good excuse to kick the bowl of excess dough"
"I used a half cup of Amaretto Di Saronno and 1.5 cups ground almonds. Belissima!"
"I have made these on multiple occasions and have never had any issues with this recipe. I do add just a smidge more rum, but the batter still ends up just fine. I have also rolled them in the ground pecans and those end up being the favorite."