Ruler Stromboli Recipe
If you're looking for a satisfying sandwich, this sensational stromboli is sure to measure up. Filled with deli turkey, Swiss cheese and sauteed peppers, refrigerated pizza dough makes it a snap to assemble.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tube (10.2 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, divided
- 8 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 5 sweet red pepper strips (2 inch pieces)
- 12 green pepper strips (1-inch pieces)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chopped peppers in butter until tender. On an ungreased baking sheet, pat dough into a 13-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Arrange four cheese slices lengthwise over half of the dough to within 1/2 in. of edge; top with turkey and sauteed peppers. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Cut remaining cheese slices in half lengthwise; place along one long edge of the sandwich. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Immediately press red pepper strips into the cheese to create inch marks and add green pepper strips for fractions. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spoon into a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe numerals above red pepper strips. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 265 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC