- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to cream cheese mixture and mix well. Divide dough into fourths. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll out each portion between two sheets of waxed paper into a 12-in. circle. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Brush each circle with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar and 2 tablespoons pecans. Cut each into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end; place pointed side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape.
- Bake at 350° for 24-26 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush warm cookies with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Rugalach(3)
Sort By :
These are excellent. I used walnuts instead of pecans and used a pizza cutter to cut the dough into wedges. Also did not brush them with butter or sprinkle with the sugar after they baked
Love it my Grandma who was Hungarian made something similar
I always wanted to make rugalach... This
recipe was perfect. The family loved them!
I will be making them again...