Rudolph Cupcakes Recipe
RED-NOSED CAKES are what Karen quickly cooked up for the youngsters at her child's school. "Our son needed reindeer treats for his class but forgot to tell me abut it until the day before," recalls Karen. "It's the sort of situation that every mother finds herself in at one time or another!" With no ready-made decorations on hand, Karen had to improvise. "We stuck animal crackers in the cupcakes for antlers and used other sweets for the eyes and noses," she tells. "All the students loved them." Her fast creations are helpful when you have lots of other preparations for a party. "And they're easy enough for children to help with, too," notes Karen.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 each brown and blue M&M's minis
- 24 miniature marshmallows, halved
- 24 red jelly beans
- 24 miniature vanilla wafers
- 48 miniature pretzels
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes.
- 2. Reserve 2-3 teaspoons frosting; spread remaining frosting over cooled cupcakes. For eyes, using reserved frosting, press an M&M mini into each marshmallow half. Place two eyes on each cupcake. For nose, attach a jelly bean onto each vanilla wafer; place on cupcake. Insert pretzels into cupcakes for antlers. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC