RED-NOSED CAKES are what Karen quickly cooked up for the youngsters at her child's school. "Our son needed reindeer treats for his class but forgot to tell me abut it until the day before," recalls Karen. "It's the sort of situation that every mother finds herself in at one time or another!" With no ready-made decorations on hand, Karen had to improvise. "We stuck animal crackers in the cupcakes f
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 each brown and blue M&M's® Brand Mini Chocolate Candies
- 24 miniature marshmallows, halved
- 24 red jelly beans
- 24 miniature vanilla wafers
- 48 miniature pretzels
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for
- Reserve 2-3 teaspoons frosting; spread remaining frosting over cooled
- cupcakes. For eyes, using reserved frosting, press an M&M mini into
- each marshmallow half. Place two eyes on each cupcake. For nose,
- attach a jelly bean onto each vanilla wafer; place on cupcake.
- Insert pretzels into cupcakes for antlers. Yield: 2 dozen.