RED-NOSED CAKES are what Karen quickly cooked up for the youngsters at her child's school. "Our son needed reindeer treats for his class but forgot to tell me abut it until the day before," recalls Karen. "It's the sort of situation that every mother finds herself in at one time or another!" With no ready-made decorations on hand, Karen had to improvise. "We stuck animal crackers in the cupcakes f
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 48 animal crackers
- 24 miniature marshmallows, halved
- 48 miniature chocolate chips or raisins
- 24 red jelly beans
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for cupcakes,
- using foil or paper-lined muffin cups. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcake tops. Insert two animal crackers into each cupcake for
- antlers. For the eyes, place two marshmallow halves, cut side up,
- with a chocolate chip in the center of each. Add a jelly bean for
- nose. Yield: 2 dozen.