Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce
My best friend, Lynn Young, and I came up with this recipe after our husbands requested it. In addition to ice cream, it can be served over pancakes and waffles. Terri Zobel, Raleigh, North Carolina
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange
- juice concentrate until smooth; add strawberries. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 33 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.