Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice concentrate until smooth; add strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 33 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, trace sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce
"I used this recipe this morning when I wanted a strawberry sauce for some waffles. This was exactly what I needed - just a tasty, simple sauce. I halved the recipe and it was fantastic. All of our company had seconds."