My best friend, Lynn Young, and I came up with this recipe after our husbands requested it. In addition to ice cream, it can be served over pancakes and waffles. —Terri Zobel, Raleigh, North Carolina
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice concentrate until smooth; add strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p188
Reviews for Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2016
"I used this recipe this morning when I wanted a strawberry sauce for some waffles. This was exactly what I needed - just a tasty, simple sauce. I halved the recipe and it was fantastic. All of our company had seconds."