My best friend, Lynn Young, and I came up with this recipe after our husbands requested it. In addition to ice cream, it can be served over pancakes and waffles. —Terri Zobel, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice concentrate until smooth; add strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p188
Reviews for Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review