Ruby Red Spinach Salads Recipe
These fabulous salads blend contrasting flavors deliciously. Pomegranate seeds add vibrant color, a pleasant crunch and a healthy dose of vitamin C.—Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
- 3 tablespoons red grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 2 large red grapefruit, sectioned
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shaved Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Remove fronds from fennel; set aside for garnish. Cut bulb into thin slices and coarsely chop the slices. In a large bowl, combine the chopped fennel, grapefruit and spinach. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- 2. Divide salad among four plates; sprinkle cheese and pomegranate seeds over salads. Garnish with fennel fronds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC