These fabulous salads blend contrasting flavors deliciously. Pomegranate seeds add vibrant color, a pleasant crunch and a healthy dose of vitamin C.—Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
- 3 tablespoons red grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 2 large red grapefruit, sectioned
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shaved Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Remove fronds from fennel; set aside for garnish. Cut bulb into thin slices and coarsely chop the slices. In a large bowl, combine the chopped fennel, grapefruit and spinach. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- Divide salad among four plates; sprinkle cheese and pomegranate seeds over salads. Garnish with fennel fronds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ruby Red Spinach Salads in Country Woman December/January 2013, p32
Reviews for Ruby Red Spinach Salads
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review