Ruby Red Raspberry Salad
A refreshing and attractive side dish, this salad adds a festive touch to your holiday table. Children especially like this slightly sweet salad.
-Marge Clark, West Lebanon, Indiana
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Mayonnaise and mint sprigs, optional
- Dissolve raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add raspberries
- and stir until berries are thawed and separated. Pour into a 13-in.
- x 9-in. dish; chill until set.
- Carefully spread with sour cream; chill. Dissolve cherry gelatin in
- remaining boiling water. Add pineapple and cranberry sauce; mix
- well. Allow to thicken slightly.
- Carefully spoon over sour cream mixture; chill. If desired, garnish
- with mayonnaise and mint. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 164 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.