A refreshing and attractive side dish, this salad adds a festive touch to your holiday table. Children especially like this slightly sweet salad. -Marge Clark, West Lebanon, Indiana
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Mayonnaise and mint sprigs, optional
- Dissolve raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add raspberries and stir until berries are thawed and separated. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; chill until set.
- Carefully spread with sour cream; chill. Dissolve cherry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Add pineapple and cranberry sauce; mix well. Allow to thicken slightly.
- Carefully spoon over sour cream mixture; chill. If desired, garnish with mayonnaise and mint. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Ruby Red Raspberry Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p31
Reviews for Ruby Red Raspberry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review