Ruby-Red Raspberry Dessert Sauce Recipe
As pretty as a picture, this sweet, ruby-red dessert sauce is an easy way to dress up vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or angel food cake. Why not mix up an extra batch to keep in the freezer for drop-in guests or last-minute treats? Gusty Crum - Dover, Ohio
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a blender, puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds, reserving juice.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in raspberry juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in jelly and extract. Chill. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
1/3 cup: 184 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Ruby-Red Raspberry Dessert Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC