Ruby-Red Raspberry Dessert Sauce
As pretty as a picture, this sweet, ruby-red dessert sauce is an easy way to dress up vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or angel food cake. Why not mix up an extra batch to keep in the freezer for drop-in guests or last-minute treats?
Gusty Crum - Dover, Ohio
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds, reserving
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth;
- stir in raspberry juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in jelly and
- extract. Chill. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 184 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein.