As pretty as a picture, this sweet, ruby-red dessert sauce is an easy way to dress up vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or angel food cake. Why not mix up an extra batch to keep in the freezer for drop-in guests or last-minute treats? Gusty Crum - Dover, Ohio
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in raspberry juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in jelly and extract. Chill. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Raspberry Dessert Sauce in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p21
Reviews for Ruby-Red Raspberry Dessert Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review