- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in raspberry juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in jelly and extract. Chill. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Raspberry Dessert Sauce in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p21
Reviews for Ruby-Red Raspberry Dessert Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review