- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Red food coloring, optional
- Place first seven ingredients in a saucepan; heat through over medium heat, whisking until blended. In a small bowl, mix flour and cold water until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. If desired, tint with food coloring.
- Remove to a bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Serve with pretzels. Yield: 16 servings (2 tablespoons each)
Reviews for Ruby-Red Pretzel Dip
"I make this dip for every holiday. Everyone can't get enough of it."
"This is the best dip for pretzels. I even spread it on crackers. The is the wonderful and all of my guests over the years have asked for the recipe. Thank you!"
"I love this recipe! I have made it many times and often make it up and put it in a decorated glass canning jar as a gift with a bag of pretzels."