Plain pretzels get a pretty coating and tangy taste from this thick, festive blend. Grace Yaskovic of Branchville, New Jersey shares the recipe.
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; whisk over medium heat until smooth. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; add to cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; stir in food coloring if desired. Cover and chill overnight. Serve with pretzels. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Ruby-Red Pretzel Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p8
Reviews for Ruby-Red Pretzel Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review