Ruby Red Cabbage Recipe
I usually serve this great side dish with pork roast or sausages. You can't beat the sweet-and-sour taste.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large head red cabbage (about 3 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup plum or currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook cranberries in butter until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until cabbage is wilted, about 5-7 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving equals 118 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC