I usually serve this great side dish with pork roast or sausages. You can't beat the sweet-and-sour taste.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large head red cabbage (about 3 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup plum or currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook cranberries in butter until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until cabbage is wilted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ruby Red Cabbage in Taste of Home Annual Recipes Annual 2000, p68
Reviews for Ruby Red Cabbage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review