Adapted from a recipe that I've had for about 30 years, this salad was a big hit when I served it to my future in-laws. -Toni Talbott, Fairbanks, Alaska
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced beets, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons each chopped celery, green pepper and chives
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the gelatins; add boiling water and stir to dissolve. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. Stir juice into gelatin. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Stir in beets and pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- For dressing, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, green pepper and chives in a small bowl. Cut gelatin into squares; serve on lettuce-lined salad plates if desired. Dollop with dressing. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Ruby-Red Beet Salad in Reminisce November/December 2002, p48
Reviews for Ruby-Red Beet Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2013
"Delicious!!! Different, definitely a keeper. Liked it with and without dressing."
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2009
"My family loved this recipe. I did not use the dressing - we are not big on mayo dressings. I just used a cream cheese & milk dressing."