Ruby Red Beet & Apple Salad Recipe
Because I grow beets I eat them a lot. This is among my favorite recipes. One heads-up: The beets usually turn the apples pinkish-red (maybe your fingers, too). — Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh beets (about 8 medium)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground ginger, garlic powder and pepper
- 1. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool.
- 2. Peel beets and cut into 1/2-in. cubes. In a large bowl, combine the apples, kale, cabbage, carrots, onion and beets.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 4 hours or until chilled, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ruby Red Beet & Apple Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC