- 2-1/2 pounds fresh beets (about 8 medium)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground ginger, garlic powder and pepper
- Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool.
- Peel beets and cut into 1/2-in. cubes. In a large bowl, combine the apples, kale, cabbage, carrots, onion and beets.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 4 hours or until chilled, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ruby Red Beet & Apple Salad
Sort By :
Pretty good. Might play around with that curry spice, I did add some fresh garlic to the dressing. Also right before eating, sprinkled on some blue cheese crumbles and toasted walnuts. Pretty good!
Pretty good for giving me the ability to eat kale and beets without gagging
Made this delicious salad for Thanksgving dinner. Even my picky family loved it!
This salad is delicious, beautiful and good for you, too! What more could you want??
The salad is delicious. I loved the crunchy apples with the beets and the dressing was super