Ruby Razz Dessert Squares Recipe
Pauline Murray relies on rhubarb and frozen raspberries for these yummy, crimson treats. "I replaced the fresh raspberries that were originally called for with the frozen variety so that I could decrease the sugar in the fruit mixture," explains the Cleveland, Ohio baker. "The squares are perfect any time of year."
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. Drain raspberries, reserving juice. Add enough water to reserved juice to measure 1-1/2 cups; set berries aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in raspberry juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the berries and rhubarb; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the crust ingredients until blended. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- 3. Top with fruit mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until bubbly and rhubarb is tender. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece: 210 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Ruby Razz Dessert Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC