Ruby Pears Recipe
Cranberry sauce gives a sweet-tart taste to pear halves in this spiced side dish that's perfect for fall. "It's excellent with chicken or pork dishes and can be enjoyed hot or cold," says Kathy Ginn of Washington Court House, Ohio.
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place pears cut side up in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through.
- 2. Spoon sauce over pears. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5-6 servings.
1 each: 243 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Ruby Pears
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC