Ruby Pears Recipe
Cranberry sauce gives a sweet-tart taste to pear halves in this spiced side dish that's perfect for fall. "It's excellent with chicken or pork dishes and can be enjoyed hot or cold," says Kathy Ginn of Washington Court House, Ohio.
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place pears cut side up in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through.
- Spoon sauce over pears. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Originally published as Ruby Pears in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p13
Reviews for Ruby Pears(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >