- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with
- cream; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 12-15
- minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place grapefruit juice and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from
- the heat. Add grapefruit; toss gently to coat.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in ginger.
- Split warm shortcakes in half horizontally. Spoon filling over
- bottoms; replace tops and garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 10
To Make Ahead: Grapefruit mixture can be made the day before serving. For best results, make biscuits the same day that they are served.
Nutritional Facts: 1 shortcake with 1/4 cup filling and 1/4 cup whipped cream equals 606 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 562 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.