- 4 cups halved seedless red grapes (about 2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine grapes, sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Combine cornstarch, lemon juice and peel; stir into grape mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Pour grape mixture into crust. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. trim, seal and flute edges; cut slits in top. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° remove foil and bake 30-35 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Ruby Grape Pie
Sort By :
"This recipe was so much easier than "slipping the skins off, etc". The cinnamon and lemon zest give a nice subtle flavor, a bit like cherry pie. I was out of corn starch and used flour-which resulted in a bit more loose juice. I put in the frig to firm, but I think I may up the cornstarch when I make it again."