Ruby Gelatin Salad
I remember when I was a child that my older siblings and I didn't care for cranberry sauce. So every Thanksgiving, Mom would fix this gelatin salad just for us, and we would devour it.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup diced peeled apple
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add orange juice; refrigerate
- until partially set. Stir in apple, celery and walnuts. Refrigerate
- until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin) equals 72 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.