Ruby Fruit Compote Recipe
This easy anytime dessert is beautiful and delicious all by itself, so imagine it over ice cream or pound cake! It's a dream come true.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) tart cherries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Liquid red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup whole fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup. Set cherries aside. Add enough water to the reserved juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool for 10 minutes; stir in food coloring if desired.
- 2. Fold in strawberries and reserved cherries. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Spoon into individual serving dishes. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar. Dollop over fruit. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1/2 cup: 234 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Ruby Fruit Compote
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC