Ruby Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and salt; add the chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chicken. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce equals 517 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Ruby Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.